Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vacation

So we've been on vacation. Wes and I left Caleb with his parents last Wednesday and headed to Boca Raton (near Ft. Lauderdale) early Thursday morning. I REALLY had mixed feelings about the trip. We went for an annual conference with Wes's work. I knew it would be fun and sounded fancy, but I wasn't so sure about leaving my little guy for FOUR NIGHTS. I'm glad that it was (kind of) a forced vacation otherwise I wouldn't have left him, and it turns out we all had a GREAT time. We were able to see what Caleb was up to by calling them on Skype while we were gone, and he was always as happy as can be. THANK YOU TO THE HARPERS FOR TAKING SUCH GOOD CARE OF HIM!!
Friday night was a costume party - Renaissance theme - and Lee Greenwood performed. I heard several people talking about how Lee Greenwood wasn't all that great. I disagree! A few reasons - ONE, I L-O-V-E country music (my roots run deep. It does not have to be George Strait for me to appreciate it), TWO- I thought he was entertaing (a side note: He is tiny! Maybe 5' and just a little person- I didn't realize this about him), LAST AND MOST OF ALL my husband is a big Lee Greenwood fan - who knew?!? He knew every word to his songs and danced and danced with me! I loved it! I'm sad to report that my camera battery was dead and I took NO PICTURES of the weekend. I have some from friends and hope they will send me more (please). Wes dressed up as a Musketeer. I hope I can post those soon!
Saturday night Billy Dean performed. I became a fan of his when we were at this conference last year, but I remain a big fan. He has such a great voice and puts on a great show!
Wes spent his days in a golf tournament and playing tennis while I hung out at the pool. It was very relazing and we really appreciated the trip! Some of the pictures I have...





3 comments:

erika said...

yeah! i love it!!! looks like a blast! Where did you get a renasissance outfit!? love you! e

Ashley said...

i love it too!!! Love the pictures! I think you're a cute maid too, and the hairdo is fantastic! :) It does look like a fantastic trip! Glad you two lovebirds could enjoy your weekend! AND So glad Caleb has sweet Nana to take care of him! :) Hope to see more pictures soon!

Ashley said...

I think you are cute and look like cinderella/wash woman!!

Love You,
Willy