Sunday, December 13, 2009

Party!


We've been partying this weekend! Caleb's birthday is next Saturday, December 19th, but because he was born 6 days before Christmas we decided to celebrate a little early.
I like to host parties. I REALLY like to think about them and come up with ideas. I really think them and research ideas to death - this DOES NOT mean that I am good at it, but I'm just saying I like to host them. So, when I started thinking about Caleb's first birthday I figured it would be best to invite family and a few close friends. I decided that Wes's parents house would be a great place to have it so it would be closer to family and they have one of the prettiest yards I've ever seen! When I tell you that I like to think about party ideas, I'm not kidding. I checked the farmer's almanac for the December forcast in Dothan around September or so. The average temperature for Dothan in December is around 55 degrees and my thinking was it really doesn't rain that much, maybe we'll get lucky. Well, sometimes it does rain! I mean, sometimes the bottom falls out ALL DAY LONG and it is COLD - Really cold!! That was the way it went on Saturday. Of course I was bummed, but I knew Caleb wouldn't care so I decided it didn't matter. We had the party in the garage, and had one happy little birthday boy and family and friends and cake and balloons to celebrate.
I sure do LOVE that little boy more than I could have ever imagined!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

All the Williams agree that Cabub's party was the best!! All your party planning paid off!! It was definitely a hit!! We loved it! Glad we could come celebrate that birthday boy!!! We love him SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Caleb. Glad y'all had fun and your Mama is such a good party planner. Jack's mama is not but we'll manage. Hope y'all are doing well. Have a Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! I can't believe it's already been a year! He's such a cute kid. I know he has a proud momma and aunts.

Michelle and Henry! :) said...

Precious, precious, precious! Okay, I am SO stealing that cake idea for Henry's first! Where did you have it done (and if you say you baked it yourself, I'm going to hire you out!). And the outfit, perfect party planning mommy!!! :)