Wednesday, November 3, 2010

September

Now I know everyone thinks their kids are special - which I would agree with - but I think God blessed us with one of the happiest kids He has made. (I'm not partial at all, am I?) Caleb is truly a JOYFUL little guy! He has his rotten moments, but for the most part he is a pleasure to be around, and we're really enjoying him and REALLY THANKFUL! September was a busy month. A couple of pictures of my boys playing at a park just because I think they're sweet...


Little Sloane Powell turned one on September 9th and we went to help celebrate on the 10th. Erika took a few pictures of my growing belly and Caleb while we were there.



I didn't feel very well while I was there. On the way home, we decided I might as well go to the hospital and get checked out. Turns out I was dehydrated, and it was causing me to have contractions every 8 minutes. I drank water, they monitored the baby, and we were home in a couple of hours. I never thought I was actually going into labor, but I didn't know what was going on. It sure made me sympathize for my friends who have gone into early labor. Thank the Lord all I needed was water.
(Sidenote: My joyful little boy is also T-R-O-U-B-L-E sometimes. He managed to climb in a chair, onto the desk, grab my camera sitting on the shelf above the desk and drop it. It bit the dust on September 16th so I only have pictures friends have been nice enough to provide from then on.)
Of course, we have LOVED this football season and Caleb has worn his jersey almost every Saturday. He knows all about Aubie and can cheer along. Wes fished in the Bay Point fishing tournament the weekend of September 24th. They normally hold this tournament in July, but it was rescheduled because of the oil spill this year. Below is a picture of the wahoo Wes caught. It was only a 2 day tournament this year, and I was grateful because that Saturday night I ended up back in the hospital. I caught some kind of terrible stomach bug that day and was SICK. They admitted me that night, gave me an IV, and I felt like a new person the next morning. Thankfully, my parents came down Sunday afternoon and I was able to recoup that week. Again, very thankful that was all it was!
Oh- and somewhere along the way Caleb turned into a Wiggles (he pronounces it 'Uggles') fanatic! He watches and sings and dances along with them. It is fun to watch, but I admit I hear about the 'Uggles' at least a million times a day :). Be back soon...

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Just read this....LOVE IT! I agree God blessed you with one of the coolest kids around!! :) Happy, happy, happy! Glad you're writing stuff down...you're about to lose your mind for a while! :) HAHAHA! Love you 3 (4)!

michelle said...

What a sweet post!! I completely agree too- Caleb is the nicest, just sweetest guy! :) So glad to hear you are okay- that reminds me to drink water. Hold out until at least Monday!!!! :) hehe!

Lisa said...

I think your little Caleb is just precious! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I'll be praying for no more episodes this pregnancy!

Makenzie said...

Praise the Lord you're back in business! This makes me so very happy.:)You guys are precious!

"Brooke Brooke" said...

Aunt Al,
I love it when you post! I get on it during school sometimes when we get free time! All of my friends go "Awwwwwwww your little cousins are cute!" Love y'all! Tell Cabub that "Brooke Brooke" loves him very much and I miss him already! Hope I c u soon!

Your favorite niece in the whole world, LOL

Hannah Brooke