Thursday, May 14, 2009

I LOVE spring and summer! I love to be in the sunshine and I love to go to the pool - always have. It's great to live at the beach this time of year for a lot of reasons but most of all because people will come visit us. Today has been about the perfect day because the Williams (minus Walker) joined us!! I love these three more than I could ever explain!

I made a banana pudding this afternoon. I usually don't post recipes, but I always enjoy it when other people do. So I thought someone might enjoy a new recipe (especially after Darby and Erika have recently posted about fudge pie. I've been good friends with those girls for a long time now, and I didn't realize I was holding back telling them about fudge pie (one of Betty Brown's staples)) so here's an EASY recipe for banana pudding that's always a crowd pleaser...

2 packages vanilla pudding
1 can Eagle Brand Milk (I use the fat free - it works fine)
1 package cool whip
1 package vanilla wafers
bananas

Make pudding as directed. Then, combine pudding with cool whip, Eagle Brand milk, wafers and bananas. Make one day ahead for best results. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Darby said...

Yum-O! Not ever made that version before. Hey, our pool is wide open. Will you all please come spend an ENTIRE day with me in the sun! It will be like college all over again!?! Love you and miss you!

erika said...

i want to spend a day by the pool with you! i'm sorry i havent responded to your email, been a bad week. maybe i could see you saturday night? do you have any plans.
i love you!
e

Ashley said...

i loved it! i'd also like to go to dothan and do it with you and d (and erika). look at your calendar, and we'll plan a day soon! have fun with the harpers!