Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week Recap

I mentioned before that my mom is retiring this year. Well, Monday morning Ashley and I loaded up our boys in her backseat for another trip to Hartselle for my mom's retirement tea. It's a challenge to try to leave when Eli and Caleb will both take a nap and keep Sawyer happy. We did pretty well and made it in time for the celebration with no major problems. It was a really nice party. Here's a picture of the whole group (minus Eli who was sleeping)


She has been the school librarian at Somerville Road Elementary for 20 years. I asked her to pose behind the computer and act like she was checking out books. This is what she did...

"You better give me my book you little kid!"

She was kidding (sort of). I think this is more like it.
After the tea, mama had packed a picnic for us to go to the park. Decatur has concerts in the park on Monday nights in the summer. It was unseasonably cool that night, but it didn't matter. It is so pretty out there...




The next day these little rascals played in the water hose (that's Shelby with Sawyer)
and this little guy just watched Wes has been working A LOT this week with late nights so after our Hartselle trip Caleb and I decided we would spend a couple more days with the Williams. Ashley and I dressed our play pretties up and took their picture (I know you're surprised)

We had such a great week and are thankful to be home for the long weekend. Happy Memorial Day!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Well, What a fun week!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for staying with us! We loved it! I enjoyed the recap! :)

Lisa said...

You guys have the cutest families!