Sunday, July 26, 2009

Reasons to Celebrate - Baby Powell & Caleb is crawling

I am behind on this post, but we had a great weekend and wanted to share. Wes's parents came in town on Friday to spend the weekend, and Caleb and I spent the day with them at the pool on Friday. Have I mentioned this kid loves the water? I'm so thankful. I really had hoped he would because we love it so much, but he REALLY does. He just smiles and is perfectly content until he gets either tired or hungry. Wes worked all day on Friday, but he came over to their condo. and we went to Captain Anderson's for dinner - YUM!! It had to be one of Caleb's favorite days ever - he was outside and in the pool with his Nana & Poppy!



It was also the first time I had left Caleb overnight. I knew he would be compeltely fine, but I wondered about me. (I AM ATTACHED!) But we had a good reason to get away. Erika and Chance are expecting Caleb's girlfriend in September and we went to their shower to celebrate with them. We had a great time and CAN NOT WAIT to meet their sweet baby soon!! I was really ready to see him on Sunday monring, but I was fine. I am pretty sure everyone I know reads Erika's blog, but just in case you haven't seen it this week she posted pictures here and here.

Caleb learned to crawl last week. He has really perfected it this week and is pulling up on everything. OH MY HOW HE HAS CHANGED!! He's so proud of himself and I am, too. I know that crawling is an expected milestone, but it's amazing to me how much he's learning and changing lately! Here is a video of him crawling around and playing with his daddy.

9 comments:

Shonna said...

Sweet, sweet Caleb. I think he is just adorable and am so glad that he loves the water...that makes it a lot easier for Mama and Daddy!!!

Darby said...

Love the header. It's PRECIOUS. Also, I laughed outloud when you said Erika is expecting Caleb's girlfriend. I love it. Also, I want you to send me the picture of me and you. I didn't have any of the 2 of us. I tried to grab it off kodak but it was too small.

Ok, I love you! And I loved spending time with you. And drinking wine with you. And it looks by that picture of me that I had been overserved... by YOU! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello friend! I am so proud of little Caleb! I need to see you guys soon!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I am so proud of Wes for unplugging the phone charger I have been warning you about! hehe

erika said...

i love you, your new header, and my daughter's boyfriend.
you crack me up.
XOXOXO
ez

Lisa said...

Caleb is so cute! I can't believe he is big enough to be crawling. It goes fast! Before you know it he'll be walking and you'll be wishing he was still just barely sitting up on his own! Precious!

Michelle Uhlfelder said...

OH MY GOODNESS! He is precious crawling! Daniel and I just watched it- he's so cute and mobile! You don't need to work out anymore...chasing a baby around will do it to you! ;)

Tara Verdigets said...

It was good seeing you at the shower! Sorry I didn't say goodbye! Blair was sleeping on Daddy's shoulder and it was time to GO! HA! Hope we can meet that little Caleb one day!

Amber said...

Little Caleb is too cute! Congrats on crawling. what a fun milestone! It is a whole new world chasing him :)

Makenzie said...

If you were wondering who the anonymous comment came from, it was me, Mak!!! haha Miss you guys!