Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Baby Has A Name!

After 7 months of considering baby names. Yesterday, we finally decided. Wes has been very agreeable to the names I like, but the problem was I liked so many and kept changing my mind. We drove to Clayton yesterday for Ashley's baby shower (Wes went dove hunting) and on the way up there we decided our son's name will be... Caleb Michael Harper. Michael is Wes's middle name and his dad's name. Yea!! So glad 'junior' (which is what we've been calling him) has a real name!!

Ashley's baby shower was so nice. We always enjoy being in Clayton with Walker's sweet family. After the shower was over, Ashley, Diana (Walker's sister), Mrs. Becky (Walker's mom) and I went outside and played with Sawyer and Diana's little boy Risdon. When we came back in there were a stack of presents sitting on the table for me. Who knew? They surprised me and showered me with gifts yesterday, too! Little Caleb will be so dressed up in all his goodies from the Williams' family.



Ashley, Sawyer and me at the shower

9 comments:

Ashley said...

i love it! caleb michael harper! :) sounds like eli and caleb and sawyer can be bffs! i love you and feel good about the name! way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was worth the wait!
i had to read all about caleb in the Bible today too-about how he didn't do what the crowd did-but he chose to follow God despite everyone else. LOVE IT! In the Old Testament, Caleb was one of 12 spies sent into Israel by Moses, Along with Moses, he and Joshua are the only ones who lived along enough to enter the promised land. It means "faithful"!

Beth said...

How cute!! It sounds like Aunt Ashley has studied up on it! I just learned all kinds of facts from her comment! Thanks Mrs. Teacher!

I really like the name~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I LOVE that name! Way to go Wes and Allyson. I also love that he has his dad and grandad's names too...that is special. Now, Jan Beale can get to Monogramming something other than an "H" and I can start praying for Baby H by name...Caleb...how sweet.

ps..I don't know how that comment got deleted...I just wrote it again though. Sorry!

erika said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!!!!!
XOXOXO
e

The Braddocks said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!
Sweet Caleb will be blessed to have you as his Mama!!

Emily Chappell said...

I love Caleb! My mom saw Wes's mom last week at the grocery. She was all excited about the new grand baby, and my mom is depressed that she has none. I got a lecture. :)

Will you be in Dothan at Christmas?

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Sweet, sweet name!! CONGRATS!

lindsay said...

how wonderful!! Isn't it so nice to finally have decided!! Great job- great name!